How to report a side effect

The reporting of side effects is normally carried out by healthcare professionals, and you are therefore recommended to speak with a healthcare professional, such as your doctor or pharmacist.

Patients are also able to report suspected side effects directly through various methods such as online patient reporting forms hosted by national medicines regulatory authorities or by telephone. Consult the appropriate authority from the list of national medicines regulatory authorities in the EEA for information on how to report a side effect.

If you are experiencing a side effect or think you may be experiencing one, you should seek advice from a healthcare professional. The European Medicines Agency cannot accept side-effect reports directly from patients or consumers. The Agency is also not in a position to provide individual medical advice or to confirm whether your symptoms are being caused by your medicine.

More information: Did you know? You can report side effects yourself